Monday, January 18, 2010

Fire station tour

Today some of my younger kids had the opportunity to go visit the local fire station and take a tour. Mainly, it was for my 5 yo son, who loves, loves, loves firetrucks! So when I saw the chance to sign up for this field trip, I jumped on it. Of course, other siblings wanted to tag along, which was fine, too. Unfortunately, just as I was about to get some cute pictures of my kiddos on the firetruck, my camera battery went dead. I wasn't able to get my backup battery in the camera while trying to wrestle with my wiggly 1 year old. So, no pictures! They were able to check out the ambulance and climb in it and, of course, sit in the driver's seat of a real fire truck. That was my 5 yo's favorite part! In fact, when the fireman asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up, he proudly said, "A fire truck!" Hmmmmm...do you think he meant fireMAN? I hope so. I was able to get one cute picture after arriving home, with their new fire fighter hats on-too cute!

1 comment:

  1. I bet John was trilled !! What a fun thing to do. Great Mommy, as usual. U r the very best there is. They look adorable. My love from grandma, love Rose oo

    ReplyDelete