Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
- I'm 22 1/2 pounds and can barely fit in my carseat anymore
- I have 6 teeth now!
- I love to climb-on top of things or out of things. I love the challenge of a grocery cart seatbelt!
- I really enjoy pushing cars around-I learned it by watching my older brother.
- I can stand by myself for a few seconds-watch out, I'll be walking soon.
- One of my favorite things is to go for walks outdoors-I am king of my stroller.
- I love to laugh and I love to be tickled too!
- I talk all the time in baby-ease, but it seems like other people don't understand what I'm saying.
- My fave food picks? Bananas, grapes cut in half, and applesauce.
- My favorite game is the throw-everything-on-the-floor game. Blocks, books, movies, whatever-plus Mom picks everything up so I can start over!
- Life is good around here-I don't cry as much and I spend most of my time exploring. I still don't like Mom to get too far away. I need my hugs!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
My favorite moment was when my 5 yo, John, set off his balloon and yelled out, "I love you Grandpa!" It brought tears to my eyes. Beloved Dad..sweet Grandpa...your memory will live in our hearts forever.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
It's funny sometimes to go from that, to this.....
Saturday, October 3, 2009
An intact egg, without the shell! Wow! I didn't even know you could do that! The next step involves soaking the egg in a corn syrup solution, so we'll see how that turns out. John, on the other hand, decided to investigate the prevalence of fire ants in our front yard, when he went outside with no shoes to play. Well, he discovered there were many of them, when he came back in about 10 minutes later with one foot looking like this:
Poor guy-apparently he didn't learn from Eden's incident just a few days before. Lest you think we're awful parents, letting our kids get bit like this-rest assured, we have treated our yard for fire ants for the past 2 years. As soon as you close down one nest, though, they just pop up with another one somewhere else! Almost worse than roaches! At least our backyard doesn't seem to be a problem., so the kids can have a place to play. Fortunately, this time wasn't as bad and since we treated it quickly, it didn't seem to bother him much. I have to say, I think I'm ready for winter, when those ants hibernate!