Sunday, August 30, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
- Crawling on his hands and knees, though when he wants to get somewhere quick-like to Mom-it's army crawl all the way! Today he just discovered how to climb the stairs. I see lots of bumps in his future!
- Growling-yes, growling like a tiger-at everyone! Must be a male thing.
- He has discovered his voice and loves to show it off, especially in quiet places, like church or the library.
- His favorite food is now goldfish crackers. Cheerios just don't cut it anymore-they're so 8 months!
- He is fascinated with the remote control and will do anything to get it-must be another male thing.
- He loves Baby Einstein videos. I know, TV for babies is no good, but watching it a few times a week isn't going to doom him.
- He loves, loves, loves singing! When he is sang to, he claps his hands and moves his whole body.
- He is very ticklish on the back of his waist and gives out the biggest belly laugh when you grab him there!
- He has learned how to shake his head "no" and uses it to get his point across. Mom says it won't be long before she'll have him shaking his head "yes". :-)
- He is a very happy, smiley baby-except when Mom is around. He is only fussy and whiny when she's around! Go figure!
I could go on and on, but that's a brief snapshot into what little guy is doing. Oh-one more thing-did I mention he LOVES to put anything and everything in his mouth? In fact, here's what happened with my sign I put next to him for the picture....
Saturday, August 22, 2009
I'm already looking forward to the next time!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Well, I piled them in the car and off we went to Great Clips at 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon. Not my idea of a fun afternoon out-but I couldn't stand to look at their hair! I told the ladies there what happened and asked them to just do the best they could to help my girls look more normal until their hair grew out again! Well, I 'm happy to say, they did. Here is the after picture:
Yes, Hannah's is still chopped really bad on the side, I know, but there's not much they can do. I mean, you can't paste hair back on! Time will bring her pretty hair back. Eden, on the other hand, got a totally new 'do. She looks pretty cute, I must say, with her little bob. With the exception of the chopped bangs, you can't really tell she did anything to it. And look how happy they are to get lollipops for being so good! I truly hope this is my last blog post about my kids doing homemade haircuts, but sadly, it probably won't be. I will definitely have a lot of good memories to look back on and laugh about-at this point, I think laughing is the best thing to do!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Rachel's dog looked like Otis from the movie "Milo and Otis" or even kind of like that dog from "Men in Black". Cute! She actually put him to sleep with all that reading!
Monday, August 10, 2009
As we were studying about North America today and filling in a crossword puzzle, I asked the kids what the name of the ship was that the Pilgrims sailed over to America. "I know, I know!" Michael said, " The Cauliflower!" Hmmmm...that mental picture just made me laugh at that point. Don't you just love kids?
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Yes, she actually did skate, though she kept trying to dance in the skates, so she kept losing her balance. Here's the big boys getting ready to have a race around the rink. Matthew won!
We had a popcorn/candy/movie nite that everyone loved!
And we at plenty of junk food during her visit!
Did I mention the junk food?
Matthew celebrated his 16th birthday Saturday with a party and a few other friends in attendance.
Here is everyone, all ready to head out the door to church Sunday. Too bad we didn't end up going since the car battery was dead. :-(
We had a great time with Grandma-all that fun sure wore us all out!
Having my Mom here really made me realize what a joy and blessing my family is. I do long to be able to see our families more often and wish there wasn't such a distance between us. How nice it would be to have weekly dinners or outings together! If you have family nearby, be thankful for the wonderful opportunity to build strong family bonds. And if you're like me and are far away from family, treasure all the moments you have with them-they are truly blessings!