Thursday, May 14, 2009

Band concerts and ice cream...

Tuesday evening, Sarah and Michael had their final band concert of the year. Sarah has been learning keyboard, while Michael played the trumpet. It is beginners band, of course, but I was quite impressed with how all the kids had improved since the last concert in December. Though Michael was so excited to play trumpet this year, he's decided it's just not the thing for him, so he won't be continuing. Sarah, though, would like to continue doing something musical-she's mentioned wanting to play the guitar, though I don't know how serious she is about that. I am proud of them for sticking it out this year and practicing their instruments-it showed a lot of perseverance on their part!



Also, Eden's birthday was officially Sunday (yes, Mother's Day!), though we haven't really celebrated it yet. We're going to do that this weekend when Aunt Michelle comes for a visit! I did take her out for the traditional birthday ice cream scoop. If you haven't signed your kids up for the Baskin Robbins birthday club, you must do it! They get a free scoop on their birthday and my kids love being able to pick out any flavor they want. Eden chose cookies and cream. I've got to say, taking a 2 year old out for ice cream is just so much fun. They enjoy every single bite as much as the first one. Just look at this smile..

Now this was the before picture..as you can see, she's just digging into the ice cream. I didn't get a chance to take an "after" picture, as I was too busy cleaning her up. Let's just say, I think the ice cream won.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! They are all growing up so fast! And I can't get over Eden's hair. She is unique in your family! So cute.....they all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get so many cute kids? The ice cream thing is a good idea. We have a BR not to far from here--I'll have to try it. Does that mean I get 7 scoops (1 with each kid and 1 for my b-day)? I'll have to do alot of prayer walking after all that. Ha-Ha!

    ReplyDelete