Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nature center

Today the kids and I headed out to the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, hoping to see some more green than we do in our little subdivision! It is located off a very busy interstate, but once you enter the grounds, it's like you're transformed into a whole new world! I'd never guess this was smack in the middle of Houston. The grounds have walking trails all over which are just like walking through a giant forest. Isn't this beautiful?

I found it so relaxing! We probably hiked at least a couple of miles through it all. The kids had fun at the play area, too..

It's hard to see, but we saw several turtles at the swamp area.


And this very tame squirrel toward the end.

The only part we missed was the bird area. Somehow, we walked right past the trail while we were trying to find our way. We did get to visit the indoors discovery room at the end, inbetween school groups visiting! Little guy loved seeing the fish tank. It dawned on me that he's never seen one before!

We finished up around lunchtime and headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and some time in their playground. We really enjoyed our visit today and I think we truly found a gem in this big city!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Once I am not so huge and pregnant I want to take my kiddos there. Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete