Thursday, December 13, 2012

Future architect?

If you have a boy between the ages of say....5 and 12, you may very well relate to this post!  I have an 8 year old boy who is all consumed....or should I say....obsessed with legos!  Any waking moment that is not being spent on school or doing chores is spent building new lego creations, thinking up bigger things to build, looking at pictures of other people's creations in lego magazine, thinking about what legos he hopes to purchase next, or playing with other friends who love legos almost as much as he does.  Think I'm kidding?  Take a guess as to what the theme was for his 8th birthday.  Hmmmmm....
 
You got it-Legos!!
 
Here's one of his creations-he was quite proud of this one...

 
And when all else fails because Mom won't let you work on your legos since you're supposed to be doing your schoolwork, well...you just hijack little brother's big mega blocks-and yes, my 4 year old is lego obsessed too!

 
 
Though it may be just a phase, I'm actually hoping he sticks with the lego building.  I've seen his creativity really bloom and he has developed a lot of concentation having to put so many pieces together.  Who knows-I may be looking at a future architect.  But if not, I'm fine with master lego builder, too!  Here's to following your passions, right?!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!!!! Wesley was a Lego master, he even went into contest.
    He looks so happy when he is playing with Lego, love ya,all hugs, ;))

    ReplyDelete