Wednesday, November 4, 2009

16 years and still going strong!

Hubby and I celebrated 16 years of marriage on October 23rd (yes-that was the same date as his back surgery)! Wow! Hard to believe that 16 years ago, we were walking down the aisle, preparing to commit our lives to each other, as young and naive as we were (sorry, but it's true!). Truly, my idea of what "love" is has changed so much over the years. At the beginning, being in love was more about how he made me feel or what he would do for me. 16 years later, it's not about that at all. My love for him has grown so much deeper than that and I can truly say that I care for him more each day! He is my best friend in the world and is a wonderful person (very handsome, too, I might add!) One thing I love about him is that he makes me laugh....all the time! My personality tends toward the more serious, so God knew I needed someone like him for a husband. How boring it would be if he was not there to make me smile. The last 16 years have brought many changes and adventures (and kids, too!), and plenty of fun times. I am looking forward to many more in the next 16! I love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment