Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Toxin-free playtime!

My kids love play-do. Love, love, love it! As for me, I could pass-it gets smooshed into everything and I'm always picking up little bits of playdo within a 10 foot radius of where they used it. But since they do love it so much, I keep several containers in the house. At least a couple times a week we pull it out for some messy playtime. My 2 yo not only thinks playdo is a fun toy, but also makes a great mid-afternoon snack. The minute I pull it out, he doesn't start building, but starts eating. He's very mannerly, though, dividing it up into small little pieces before chowing down. A little weird? Maybe. Fortunately, we live in a day and age where everything is non-toxic. Crayons, play-do, name it-it may taste yucky, but at least you can avoid a trip to the emergency room. How on earth did so many people make it to adulthood before all these safety measures? I've seen my babies sip on bubbles like they're chocolate milk and snack on crayons like they're candy. I certainly don't encourage it, but at least I can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that the worst thing that will happen is that they may have an upset tummy or some funny colored teeth. Here's to both some fun...and safe...playtime!

(My little snacker)

1 comment:

  1. He is getting more adorable every day. Too cute. He is Larry Jr. I can't wait to see all of my grand children. Love to all,
    Blessings~Rose xo