Sunday, December 12, 2010

Birthday girls

It's December...our officially crazy birthday month (3 of our kids, 2 relatives, and Christmas!) My 11 and 8 yo decided to celebrate together, but this year they chose to forgo the party and use the money they would have spent on the party to buy some things. We give our kids a strict birthday budget to use how they choose, whether it be a party, going out to eat, or in this case, just taking the cash! Well, the big gift this year was an American Girl doll from Grandma for each of them. They have been drooling over these for months and were absolutely shocked when they opened them! Sorry for the sideways pictures-they just won't come up right side up for some reason...


They had a castle cake (for my 2 princesses of course!). After making the cake, my daughter requested I put their ages one it. no problem, except I piped on a 7, instead of an 8. I was thinking 7-11 in my mind, which I thought was pretty cool. Yep, except she was turning 8. So I scraped it off and managed to get a somewhat crooked 8 on there!


Here they are blowing out the candles after a happy birthday song!


Happy Birthday my 2 sweeties! You are growing into two beautiful young ladies!

1 comment:

  1. The cake is amazing!!!! As usual Amy you are true & true a wonderful Mum. The best , i always say. The girls are adorable, i'm so happy they loved their dolls. Yes you are right , they are little young ladies. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete